The Vancouver Seniors Advisory Committee comprises voting members appointed for two-year terms. Nomination by a community group working on issues related to the civic agency’s mandate is considered an asset. All applicants must be able to demonstrate relevant experience related to the mandate of this Committee. Two Chairs, or one Chair and a Vice-Chair, are elected by the Committee on an annual basis.
A maximum of 15 members are appointed by Vancouver City Council. In addition, two City councillors and one staff liaison are appointed, as well as a liaison from the Park Board (all as non-voting members).
The Committee may appoint a reasonable number of subcommittees to assist with its projects. Membership may include persons willing to serve who are not members of the Committee.
- Monica Camporese
- Thomas Crean
- Eddy Elmer (Secretary & Communications Chair)
- Clemencia Gómez
- Beatrice Ho
- Anthony Kupferschmidt
- Gudrun Langolf
- Dellie Lidyard
- Dale Lutes
- Colleen McGuinness (Interim Chair)
- Chris Morrissey (Past Chair)
- Ashok Puri
- Scott Ricker (Interim Vice-chair)
- Elaine Wass
- Honghao Xu
- Jacqueline Weiler
- City Council: Councillor Elizabeth Ball, Councillor Tim Stevenson
- Park Board: Commissioner Erin Shum
- Vancouver Public Library: Christopher Kevlahan, Manager, Accessible Services
- Vancouver City Staff: Taryn Scollard, Acting Deputy General Manager of Engineering Services; Ken Brown, Branch Manager of Streets, Traffic & Electrical Operations, Engineering Services
- Persons with Disabilities Advisory Committee: Tasia Alexis, Laura Mackenrot
Term Length and Reappointment
Current term expires in spring 2019. Members may be re-appointed.